ADEKA Corporation and its Group companies (hereinafter referred to as "ADEKA Group") establish "ADEKA Group Social Media Policy" to delineate the basic principles relating to social media participation of ADEKA Group employees as specified below.
This policy applies to personal social media accounts owned by the ADEKA Group employees, and all information disseminated through social media by employees of the ADEKA group.
In this policy, "social media" is a generic term of services provided on the WEB, wherein its presence is supported by active participation and information dissemination of its users, and which provide a means of communication and information exchange among users as its major value of the service provision.
Employees of the ADEKA Group will comply with the following when using social media.
1. Awareness and responsibility in outgoing information
- It is important to understand that transmitted information can be accessed by an unspecified number of users, that information cannot be completely removed once it is transmitted, and that personal opinions may lead to criticism against the organization to which he/she belongs. All employees must be careful when sending messages and transmit appropriate information.
- If erroneous information is sent or misleading expression is used, an apology and correction must be given promptly.
2. Compliance with laws/regulations, rules, etc.
- In sending information, comply with laws/regulations, social norms, and internal rules.
Additionally, be careful not to communicate your illegal acts or delinquency, or avoid inappropriate expressions that may lead to social criticism.
- Make sure that you do not ignore the culture and manner of the social media and follow the rules of the social media.
3. Attention to duty, Public-and-private distinction
- Do not use social media during working hours unless such use of social media is officially accepted.
- Do not use your issued work computer, smartphone, mobile phone, etc., for personal use in social media, both inside and outside office hours.
- When using SNS, do not invade the privacy of coworkers and subordinates.
4. Prohibition of disclosure of information
- Do not disclose confidential information, personal information, or other information that must be kept under our control.
- Do not use or mention information of ADEKA Group's concerned individuals, including but not limited to business partners, consumers, and employees (hereinafter referred to as "stakeholders") without permission from the stakeholder.
5. Prohibition of defamation and infringement of intellectual property rights and other rights
- Respect the intellectual property rights and privacy rights of third parties, including copyright, and take careful consideration to not defame others.